Thursday, May 3, 2012

More on Biotin for Lashes

Since I blogged about Biotin (SEE BLOG Post), I've had lots of questions about it.  I wanted to address a few of those questions here.  
First, I let me establish: I AM NOT A MEDICAL DOCTOR and you should consult your physician before taking my suggestions about biotin or any supplement.  

Now to the information about Biotin...

  1. Biotin is an essential nutrient for the growth and health of your lashes and is also known as Vitamin H. It is found in many hair, skin, and nail vitamins, such as Nioxin. 
  2. How much to take?  Many experts suggest around starting out at 2mg per day and increasing if necessary.  I take 5mg per day. I have found that the 5mg daily dose works well for me.  FYI: Biotin has no known toxicity.  But don't get crazy ;)
  3. Take it with your "fattiest" meal of the day, as biotin helps mobilize the fat in your food and use it effectively to nourish your lashes, etc. 
  4. Where can you buy it?  Biotin can be purchased at any drug store and most grocery stores.  Check near the vitamins.  As for the suggested brand--that's up to you.  
Combine Biotin use with Lipocils Expert and you're well on your way to the best lashes of your life!